Harissa (Tunisian Harissa)04/05/2020
This NUT FREE dukkah was created for people who have nut allergies, but it’s turned out to be a real favourite with everyone!
In my mind, this blend of 6 seeds and 4 spices is not strictly speaking a dukkah, because there are no nuts. Nevertheless it is used exactly like all of my other savoury dukkah.
Here are some ways to enjoy this product:
- Try the traditional way of dipping Middle Eastern (or crusty) bread into a bowl of your favourite olive oil, then in a dish of 6 Seed Dukkah.
- Sprinkle over eggs – boiled, scrambled, poached – or add to an omelette or quiche.
- Brush tofu, chicken or fish with a lightly beaten egg white then coat with a mixture of breadcrumbs and 6 Seed Dukkah. Spray with olive oil spray and bake in a moderate oven until golden and cooked through.
- Sprinkle into soups, stir-fries, salads or vegetables for taste and texture.
- Add a spoonful to hummus and serve with warmed pitta bread.
- Sprinkle over avocado on toast.
- Mix with plain yoghurt and garlic for a delicious dipping sauce.
- Brush olive oil over pita bread or a pizza base, sprinkle liberally with the dukkah, cut into triangles, then bake for about 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Add to home-made bread dough.
Ingredients: cumin, sesame, mustard, fennel, poppy and nigella seeds with sweet paprika, parsley, ginger, black pepper, and a touch of salt.